Stolen trailers recovered
1. On 23 December 2017 Deputy John Hine took a burglary report from 23092 York Rd where over $8245.00 in property was stolen. Because of Deputy Hine’s dedication and persistence, he was able to identify the vehicle and the driver that stole the property from 23092 York Rd. During an interview with the suspect, Deputy Hine got a confession from the suspect and was able to locate and recover the stolen property in Missouri.
2. On February 18th, 2018 while Deputy Hine was on patrol in the Altamont area conducted a traffic stop on a pickup truck pulling a trailer that was running vehicles off the road. During the traffic stop, Deputy Hine arrested the driver for driving while suspended. During the course of the traffic stop, Deputy Hine also found that the serial numbers on the gooseneck trailer had been removed. Because of Deputy Hine’s follow up and persistence found that the trailer matched one of the 3 trailers stolen from Bartlett Coop.
3. During a joint investigation with Montgomery Co. Sheriff’s Office, the Labette Co. Sheriff’s office recovered 3 stolen trailers from Bartlett Coop in Labette Co, valued at $24,995. Deputy Dusty Conrad was also able to locate a stolen excavator from Chautauqua Co. and the trailer was stolen from Kay County Oklahoma valued in excess of $60,000. Victims were identified from Labette Co. Montgomery Co. Sumner Co. Chautauqua Co. Washington Co. Oklahoma & Kay Co. Oklahoma.
4. During the joint investigation, an individual by the name of Richard Fontes was arrested and is currently being held by Montgomery Co. Sheriff’s office.
5. In the last two months, the Labette County Sheriff’s office has recovered in excess of $93,240 in stolen property. I want to also commend the officers and Detectives from our office, and the Montgomery Co. Sheriff’s office for their hard work and dedication in solving the above-mentioned crimes.